Monday, April 14, 2008

Winding Down

With the semester quickly nearing its end, I am currently catching up on unfinished work and getting ready for the marathon grading session that will begin next week when final papers are due. Classes end on the 23rd, and boy am I ready! Summer is close, and with it, summer reading!!

Husband and I spent a semi-nice day at the airshow on Saturday. The weather would have been nice had the wind not been blowing so hard. We both ended up with sunburns on our faces, but we had a good time. It was his first time to attend an airshow, so I was glad that we got to see the Blue Angels perform. We heard them come in on Friday afternoon and leave on Sunday evening--they flew right over our house. If it hadn't been cloudy, we could have seen them from the back porch.

I've been thinking about lots of blog topics, but I've been too busy with schoolwork to write anything. Maybe when all the grading is done, I'll post some brilliant, thought-provoking articles that will enlighten your minds.

Well, don't hold your breath on the brilliant, thought-provoking, and enlightening part.

5 comments:

jettybetty said...

What are you going to read? Have you read "The Shack" yet?

Sure, you can do lots of brilliant thoughts!

JMG said...

I haven't heard of The Shack. What's it about?

I'm planning on doing a lot of independent bible study. There are some topics I need to look into more deeply than I've had time for. But I also plan to read some good fiction as well.

Tony Arnold said...

Looking forward to new posts.

Ayatollah Mugsy said...

As summer break approaches every year, my parents wonder why they didn't become educators -- like you and their eldest pug.

JMG said...

I gotta admit, for as much as I complain during the school year, I've got it made!