Wednesday, August 06, 2008

I hate election time.

Is it just my county, or have people everywhere who are running for elected office ramped up the automated phone call strategy? Every day I can count on at least three or four phone calls which consist of a recorded message from a political candidate. Some of them have called every day for the past week. I wish I could call and annoy them as much as they are annoying me.

Does the federal "do not call" list not apply to people running for office?

2 comments:

Tony Arnold said...

No, the do not call list is not applicable to people running for office.

Did you really think politicians would vote to block politicians from calling for money and votes?

If I were a candidate, I would be afraid of alienating voters with automated calls. I wonder if anyone has done an effectiveness study on the call results.

Bet they aren't too good. Maybe have a negative affect.

JMG said...

Did you really think politicians would vote to block politicians from calling for money and votes?

Duh! I should have thought of that.

I'm not planning to vote for anybody who called my house more than once. Actually, I'm not planning to vote at all today. I just hope that whoever wins the primary elections today won't increase the phone calls leading up to November's general election.