Saturday, August 06, 2005

Advice From Armchair Physicians

I could use your advice. Several months ago as I was walking across the parking lot, my foot turned out from under me causing me to fall. The top of my foot from the front of my ankle across to the top of the middle of my foot (if you can picture that) has stayed somewhat sore. Day before yesterday I accidently stepped in a hole in the yard with the same foot, which turned out from under me, causing me to fall again. (I was pretty pitiful; you should have seen me sitting in my front yard whimpering with no one there to give me any sympathy!)

Now my foot is very sore, but it's the same amount of sore just resting as it is walking on it. I don't limp on it much, except when I first get up in the morning or after I have been sitting for a few minutes. It really isn't hindering me from doing anything--it's just sore.

Do you think this is a problem I need to visit a podiatrist about, or do I just have a sore tendon?

Edit: 8:06.
Also, is it just me getting older, or does anyone else find that web pages that have black backgrounds with light type are blurry?


Tony Arnold said...

You most likely have damaged your foot: muscle, tendon, something.

Go see your primary care physician (if he is good) or go directly to a orthopedic doctor. You need to see an orthopedic. I have much experience with these types of injuries.

Ice it to relieve the swelling and soreness.


Tony Arnold said...

Several of us have commented that the black backgrounds with light type just hurt.


jettybetty said...

I'm with Tony--I'd let the Primary Care Dr look at it. I think after 2 incidents--it might be time to try to understand what is going on. If school is about to start you may need that foot!


madcapmum said...

I'd see a orthopedic doctor. My feet were constantly turning under on me and pulling all sorts of things. A good pair of orthotics not only corrected that but a number of other problems I thought I'd have for the rest of my life.